Friday, September 22, 2006

Jurgen Doll

Right here goes: Was in HMB from Std 4 (1980) - Matric (1987).
Went to Stellenbosch University for 2 years attempting a BSc degree but spent too much time playing snooker ...., so off to the army in Bloemfontein.

Military service had just been reduced to 1 year :-) but then I volunteered to stay on for another :-? Got bored with it after a year though and resigned.

It's now 1992 which I spent pretty much doing nothing, trying to figure out what now .... eventually got a job as a computer technician with a small Computer Firm in Pinetown (Durban).

After 3 years, I met Sunelle at a client and we got married the following year. We then had a son Gabriyel (now 10) and moved down to George (WCape) where I continued working at a similar computer company (1997). As a result of getting married, having a son and moving I missed the 10 year reunion.

My wife is a Civil Engineer Technician (ie. she designs roads, sewer systems, storm water and water supply networks) but resigned a year ago and is now in the process of converting our garden into a plant nursery as well as researching other projects.

After 4 years I resigned to go on my own, developing a software program (my first love with regards to computers) for a previous client. During that time I also had the opportunity to lecture for a year (2001) at PE Technicon's IT campus in George. It was great fun but a lot of work and not enough pay, so a year was enough.

Currently I am still in the IT Industry although not so much on the cutting edge of it and since 2002 have been subcontracting my computer skills to the local newspaper and its satellite branches.